- Opens itself to change, to contrary opinion, to the mystery of potential, to involvement, to unsettling ideas.
- Offers people the opportunity to learn and grow.
- Offers the gift of challenging work.
- Sheds its obsolete baggage.
- Encourages people to decide what needs to be measured and then helps them to do the work.
- Heals people with trust and with caring and with forgiveness.
- Is a social environment – people in places of realised potential know that organisations are social environments.
Friday, October 19, 2012
Places of Realised Potential
People with a commitment to potential see potential not merely as self-fulfillment but as expressing stewardship and servanthood. Is where you work a place where potential can be realised?
A place of realised potential:
Source : Max De Pree (1997) Leading without power. Finding hope in serving community. Jossey-Bass ISBN-13: 978-0787910631
The Dynamics of Discovery...the start of the innovation process. Or, industry might want applied research but that is not what it needs...
From Archimedes to Edison, attempts to improve quality of life have dictated a need for advances in science and technology. These ad...
A recent conference conducted by the New Zealand Association of Scientists has drawn attention to the argument about whether funding should...
Holding organisations together when all is going well is not an easy task. When all is going well you can inadvertently wander away from ...
One of the myths of business is that only new companies implement innovations. Another myth is that only established companies do research...